Craving for a plant-based steak sandwich? We have partnered with our friend, Jane (@veganonthegc) to create a to die for Burleigh 'Steak' Sandwich with Caramelised Onion & Maple Mustard Aoili, using no other than, HerbiDoor's Vegan Steak! Plus, you can create this bomb sandwich in just 20 minutes. YES PLEASE!
For 2 sandwiches you’ll need:
- 2 Herbidoor Steaks
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp EVOO 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 slices 🌱 Cheddar
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 4 slices vine ripened tomato
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup 🌱 aioli
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp seeded mustard
- Heat a grill plate (Jane loves using a sandwich press as a mini BBQ) Drizzle with oil & gently sauté the onion until soft & caramelised. Move to one side of the grill and sprinkle with sugar & balsamic and toss with tongs until thick and syrupy, remove & set aside.
- Place the Steaks on the grill and press for about 2 minutes, top each steak with a slice of cheddar & sprinkle a little water, cover with a piece of baking paper and press to melt (if using a grill, sear on both sides, too with cheese & cover with a small frypan to steam & melt the cheese).
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp of aioli, mustard & maple syrup until combined. Spread 1 tbsp plain Aioli onto each base slice of toasted bread. Top with spinach, tomato slices & steaks. Top with caramelised onion.
- Spread the top piece of toasted bread with the maple Dijon and place on top!
Try this recipe today and let us know how it goes!
Leave a comment